Acura Lease Return
Once your Acura lease is nearing its end, it’s important to weigh all of the options you have at lease-end. Motorcars Acura has a programs designed specifically for drivers to exchange your current Acura for a new model before your lease concludes. Even if this date is still months down the road, Motorcars Acura is here to help you plan ahead for the future. We invite you to speak with one of our lease return specialists to further discuss your options and get behind the wheel of a new Acura.
End of Lease Options
1. Return Your Vehicle and Lease a New Acura
New Acura Vehicles
Motorcars Acura is here to help you select a new Acura from our extensive inventory. We’re here to make returning your current vehicle and finding your next Acura simple and straightforward.
Acura Loyalty Benefits
By leasing another Acura vehicle, you may qualify for Acura Loyalty Advantage benefits. This means you can have excess miles waived or unused miles rolled over into your next Acura lease. Special lease rates and bonus cash incentives may also be available.
Even if there’s still time remaining on your current lease, there are certain situations where Motorcars Acura can waive some of your remaining payments on your current lease in order to get you into a new Acura sooner. Well maintained Acura models are in high demand and we’re always looking for quality vehicles to fill our inventory.
Turn-In Fee Waiver
Depending on your situation, current Acura lessees may be eligible to have their turn-in fee waived. You may also qualify for an additional Wear-and-Use or Damage Waiver, another excellent reason to continue to enjoy driving an Acura vehicle. Speak with our lease return specialists for additional details.
2. Purchase Your Current Acura
We understand if you’re not ready to part ways with your Acura. Motorcars Acura is glad to assist you in the process of purchasing your Acura. Our team can also arrange financing and provide you with options for extending your warranty coverage protection as well. Contact our lease return specialists for more information on purchasing your Acura.
3. Return Your Acura
Two to three months before your final payment
Contact the Lease Maturity Center to discuss the process for returning your vehicle. They can also provide you with contact information for your local vehicle inspection provider.
At the appointment time
Deliver your vehicle in clean condition to the dealer. Please bring the following items with you:
- All keys to the vehicle
- Owner’s Manual and maintenance records
- Vehicle Return Receipt
- Vehicle Inspection Report
- Receipts for completed repairs
Two months before
Schedule a free vehicle inspection to evaluate wear and use and related charges, if applicable. Have the inspection done well in advance of returning your vehicle so you have time to take care of any needed repairs.
Your Acura Luxury Lease™ includes an Excessive Wear-and-Use or Damage Waiver, but you will be responsible for any wear or use that exceeds the waiver. You will be responsible for any outstanding payments, excessive miles, turn-in fee, and any other outstanding end-of-term obligations specified in your lease agreement. You will receive a Vehicle Inspection Report following the inspection.
Schedule your vehicle inspection online by visiting SGS.
After you turn in your vehicle
Contact a Customer Service Representative at 1-866-777-6495 to inform Acura Financial Services® that you have returned your vehicle.
One week before
Make an appointment to return your vehicle to Motorcars Acura.
– If all payments have been made, your call will start the completion process for your lease account, and you will no longer receive regular monthly billing statements.
– If you have payments remaining on your account, you are still responsible for ensuring they are made on time (even if your dealer has agreed to make final payments).
– If any end-of-term liabilities apply, they will be billed at a later time.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I need to end my Acura lease early, what happens?
If your driving needs have changed or you need to terminate your lease early, Motorcars Acura is here to help! For more information on early lease termination, please call us with your vehicle year, model, mileage, options, condition, and VIN number and our lease specialists will inform you of your options.
Even if I still have months left on my current lease, is it possible to get a new Acura model?
Depending on your situation, it could be possible to qualify for certain Acura Owner Loyalty benefits that could make you eligible to receive payment waivers or unused lease mileage rollovers credited towards a new Acura lease. Contact Motorcars Acura for additional information.
If I purchased my Acura at a different Acura dealership can I return it to Motorcars Acura?
Yes you can! Regardless of where you purchased your current Acura vehicle, the lease return specialists at Motorcars Acura are here to make your lease end experience smooth and simple. Whether you’re looking for something new or just can’t let go of your current Acura, Motorcars Acura will guide you through preparing for the lease end process. Get started today!
To identify possible chargeable damage on your vehicle, use a standard credit card or ruler to measure the size of any dents, dings and/or scratches. Remember, a free end-of-lease inspection by SGS is the best way to assess your vehicle’s damage.
Throughout a vehicle’s lifetime, some wear and use is to be expected. See if your vehicle has incurred excessive wear and use or damage that you might be charged for at lease end. Listed below are some examples of areas and items inspectors will check. This is not a complete list.
- Any scratches that can be caught by a fingernail
- More than 2 scratches per panel
- Any scratch more than 3-inches in length
- Small dent with damaged area less than 1½-inches in diameter
- 4 or more dings per panel
- Fourth and subsequent panels are chargeable regardless of number of dings
- Damage larger than 1½-inches in diameter is considered a dent and chargeable
- Exterior paint that is etched, stained, or damaged by tree sap
- Touch-up paint is considered unrepaired damage
- All windshield cracks, stars, and bullseyes
- Damage larger than a dime requires windshield replacement
- Damage smaller than a dime will be charged for repair (one repair per windshield)
- Other broken or cracked glass
- Any interior burns, holes, stains, or tears are chargeable
- Seat cushions, upholstery, carpets, and floor mats should be in clean and good working condition
Amenities & Features
- Stereo, power driver seat, air bags, automatic restraint system, tilt steering wheel, climate control/air conditioning, sunroof, etc. should be in good working condition
Tires & Wheels
- Less than 4/32 of an inch of tread at lowest point
- Broken or bent wheels and/or rims
- Safety Items
- Any cracked or broken lenses, glass, or mirrors